Scarlett Wilson Is Inspired By Katrina Kaif


London born Scarlett Wilson who danced to Imported kamariya in Dibakar Banerjee’s political thriller Shanghai says she is inspired by fellow Brit Katrina Kaif. She says, “I am excited about the appreciation my dance number is getting and I have started taking Hindi lessons. I will be happy to do more Hindi films.” However her part is not restricted to an item number alone in the film. She says, “My role in Shanghai is inspired by Katrina. It shows how a firang girl comes to India and becomes a top actor in Bollywood. In fact I was auditioned to Katrina’s first dance hit, ‘Sheila ki Jawani’. I learnt the steps and got the correct outfit before the audition.”
Scarlett says Katrina’s real life story has inspired her in a huge way. She says, “In the last five years Katrina has come a long way. Though she is from a non dancing background, she worked hard and has learnt so much in the last few years. It’s motivating to see her rise.”
Trained in performing arts, singing and dancing in London, Scarlett remembers performing at an early age. She reveals how a chance encounter with a group show brought her to India after which she assisted and choregraphed acts for TV and film songs.
Ask how she got this role and she says, “I have done a couple of ads and worked with numerous choreographers so someone might have noticed my work and recommended me to Bosco or Dibakar who got in touch with me for the movie role. I love Bollywood dances and the facial expressions of actors.”
The actor-dancer recently shot another dance number for the South Indian film, Yevadu in Hyderabad.

No comments:

Post a Comment