Danica Patrick Tattoo

Even I can see we’ve gotten a little carried away. But Sports Illustrated’s response to the Danica tattoo flap that surfaced two weeks ago is just too good to pass up. And this isn’t a swipe at Patrick. It’s just that I find SI’s response intriguing on so many levels.“The Swimsuit Issue emphasizes natural beauty,” an SI spokesman said. “The freckles are left on and, in this case, the tattoos came off.”
I don’t think anyone confuses the Swimsuit Issue for anything resembling journalism, so I really don’t care that much that a tattoo of a half American flag, half checkered flag on Patrick’s lower back was airbrushed.[gallery link="file" columns="2" orderby="rand"]
Apparently, I’m not alone. Fifty two percent of just more than 3,300 voting in a CNBC.com poll said they didn’t have a problem with SI removing the tattoo. Patrick herself is on record saying she didn’t mind that it was removed.
“I love tattoos, actually. ... Something that is that meaningful that it’s there forever. Man, if I got another one … I want something with words in it next time. Mine is a checkered flag-American flag with some angel wings and some stars and stuff.” Danica said

No comments:

Post a Comment